- Managing Partner
Donna Dougherty was raised in a small town in Ohio, she attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and she attend Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in Cleveland Ohio.
After graduating from law school, Donna began practicing law in Fairfax, Virginia focusing on civil litigation to include family and real estate litigation. In 2011, Donna opened Donna Dougherty Law, PC in Prince William County with the goal of providing a boutique law firm dedicated to focusing on Family Law. Then, in 2018, she partnered with Amy Tobias and Ashleigh Iszard forming Northern Virginia Law, P.C., a law firm practicing not only Family Law, but also Criminal Law and Personal Injury.
Donna has been active in her local Bar Associations as soon as she began practicing law. She was on the Young Lawyers Board in Fairfax County. Then when she opened her practice in Prince William County, she served in the Judicial Liaison Committee and as Co-Chair of the Family Law Section in Prince William County. Additionally, Donna is an active member of the Prince William Virginia Women’s Attorney’s Association. Further, Donna has facilitated, presented, and coordinated CLE’s for the Prince William Bar Association and the Fairfax Bar Association.
Since Donna began practicing law in Prince William County, she has served as a Guardian ad Litem in Prince William, Fauquier, Loudoun, and Fairfax Counties as she finds serving as an advocate for children in Family Law and Abuse and Neglect matters as one of the most important things she does as an attorney.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 80%
- Guardian ad Litem 10%
- Wills & Trusts 10%
- Virginia, 2005
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Major: Sociology
Honors And Awards
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyer
- Recognized as a Woman of Distinction, 2016
- 10 Best Female Attorney, Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016, 2017
- Northern Virginia Magazine's Top Lawyer Award
Professional Associations And Memberships
- VWAA, 2006
- Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Association, 2012 to Present
- Prince William Bar Association, Family Law Section Co-Chair, 2011 to Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- Prince William Virginia Women’s Attorney Association, Legislative Co-Chair, 2006 to Present