Child Custody Lawyers In Manassas
A divorce that will disrupt your children’s lives and place limits on your time with them is a heart-wrenching event. Each action you take throughout the process must be carefully considered in light of relevant laws and your unique family situation.
As you determine your approach to custody and visitation issues, you need a lawyer you can count on for empathy and clear, practical guidance. At Dougherty Tobias Iszard, Northern Virginia Law, P.C., we help each client think through his or her most important parenting goals and pursue the best path forward that can help achieve them.
Balanced, Determined Representation For Mothers And Fathers
Our Prince William County child custody attorneys’ knowledge and experience span a wide range of negotiated settlements and intensely contested custody cases, including both initial determinations and custody modifications. It is essential to recognize that:
- The Code of Virginia, Section 20-124.3, lists a number of distinct factors for consideration when issuing custody and visitation orders in the best interests of the child.
- Although patterns vary between jurisdictions and court officials, the focus is consistently on what is best for children today and in the future, with parents’ past contributions sometimes receiving less weight.
- The parenting plan and schedule the parties establish early in the process — and each party’s demonstrated compliance with them — are often critical.
- Parenting choices are highly personal and value-driven, and maintaining a civil, cooperative relationship with the other parent if possible should be a priority.
- Should a negotiated custody and visitation agreement prove impossible to reach, it is essential to have an experienced litigator on your side.
Contact Our Accomplished Attorneys For Help With Visitation And Other Custody Matters
If you are facing divorce and have children or coping with other custody-related issues, we are here to support you, help you make informed decisions and aggressively present your position in court if needed. To schedule a consultation and an in-depth analysis of your case, please contact us online, or call (703) 552-5072 today. Our offices are in Manassas and Fairfax.